EADTU 25th ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE 2012
- 0 Kommentarer
- 1391 Visits
The Open University of Cyprus will be hosting EADTU's Annual Conference in Paphos, under the EU Presidency of Cyprus.
Educational models are changing increasingly. More universities are embracing open and flexible learning and as a consequence, the creation of international student markets is becoming a reality. Formal learning nowadays becomes integrated with non-/informal learning and educational innovation is now both financially, technology and socially driven. Worldwide there is an awareness of the emerging role of open education en open educational resources to support educational transformation. For example, by offering better quality education to significantly larger numbers of students.
The role of open and flexible learning is becoming more important for these new models, new markets and new media.
The conference will address topics such as
- how open and flexible education is organised as an organic part of European higher education systems
- implementing new organisational and educational models within frontrunner institutions, capitalizing on new opportunities created by ICT in education
- meeting new markets and learning needs, i.e. at the postgraduate level or related to knowledge alliances with the public and private sector, on top of the mission of widening participation
- developing open media like open educational resources, YouTube, ITunes U, broadcasting as platforms for open knowledge sharing
- developing European open and flexible higher education in a 2020 perspective
See the complete programme, list of speakers and invited speakers on the conference website.
The Call for Abstracts is open from 1st March 2012. You're invited for submission until
14th May 1 June 2012.
with the scope of:
‘’The role of open and flexible education in European higher education systems for 2020: new models, new markets, new media’’.
Read or download the complete Call for Abstracts here.