The aim of EDEN Open Classroom 2011 is to familiarize teachers, policy makers and learning community stakeholders with leading edge educational technologies, innovation methods, opinion sharing, collegial discussions and training experiences that will provide an alternative to crisis: new educational tools, inclusive strategies and creative best practice methodologies.
The more than 60 submissions will provide an interesting and diverse programme and will give basis for inspiring debates.
On the first day of the Conference, 27 October, the plenary speakers, Vassilis Koulaidis from the Greek Ministry of Education, Stavros Savas and Demetrios Sampson will help to draw up the conceptual frame of the conference with strategic keynotes. On Friday, 28th Alan Bruce will introduce the "Open Classroom: Vision, Challenges & Perspectives", Claudio Dondi will speak about the "Shared agenda, modest impact - What is wrong with school innovation policy?", Costas Tsolakidis will discuss the "Distance Learning in Crisis: To be Rediscovered" theme. On Saturday, Erik Duval will highlight the development of systems and tools, Nikitas Kastis will speak about the "Schooling and the lifelong potential of unlearning" and Kirsti Lonka will present the "Engaging Learning Environments - Blending Physical, Virtual, Social and Mental Spaces of Learning".
- Thinking Worlds - Rapid Development of 3D Games for Meaningful Learning
Andrew MacPherson, Learn TPM Ltd, United Kingdom
- Learning can Make People Fly: How can Teachers Transform Schools into Creative Environments?
Claudio Dondi, SCIENTER, Italy
- UniSchooLabS: Connecting Schools with Universities’ Remote Laboratories
Eleftheria Tsourlidaki, Ellinogermaniki Agogi, Greece
- Discover Open Science Resources: The reinforcement of the science teaching methods by introducing organized open digital educational resources and real or virtual visits in museums
Fotis Kouris, Ellinogermaniki Agogi, Greece
- Developing Programming Skills by Means of Modern Educational Programming Languages
George Papadopoulos, Ellinogermaniki Agogi, Greece
- Universe in the Classroom
Rosa Doran, NUCLIO / GTTP, Portugal
- Bringing Change in a Rural Environment – the Role of Education and Training in Changing the Perceptions and Lives of People Living in Rural Areas
Argyris Tzikopoulos, Ellinogermaniki Agogi, Greece
- Augmented Reality in Education
Sofoklis Sotiriou, Ellinogermaniki Agogi, Greece
- Exploring Science Cafes in Education - Discussing: “A Crisis Wasted?”
Pavlos Koulouris, Ellinogermaniki Agogi, Greece
The EDEN Secretariat is taking care of the registration for the 2011 Open Classroom Conference. Please, use the Online Registration Form.
The registration fee includes all conference facilities, the Conference Proceedings on CD-ROM, the Welcome Reception on 27 October, lunches and coffees on 28-29 October.
We offer combined EDEN membership and Conference fee discounted packages as well. For detailed information on conference fees and on how to register, please visit the Conference website.
Ellinogermaniki Agogi will kindly host the Welcome Reception in the evening of 27 October.
On Friday, 28 October, a guided tour to the Acropolis Museum will be offered to all delegates before the conference dinner.