Public profile Michela Ott
Michela Ott works as a senior researcher at the Institute for Educational Technology of the Italian National Research Council. Her main research interests are: cognitive processes underpinning learning, educational use of digital games, e-learning effectiveness, learning design, distance education, special education. She is author of a number of software packages and published many scientific papers on national and international journals.
She is also is author of a number of educational software packages devoted to the remediation of specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia and dysgraphia. Her first working experience was at the Institute for Computational Linguistics of CNR. She is also in charge of ESSEDIQUADRO the Italian documentation system about Educational Software, supported by the Italian Ministry of Education.
1. Ott M., Tavella M., E/M Learning Tools in the Inclusive Classroom, In: Gomez Chova L. et al, Proc. Int. Technology Education and Development Conference-INTED 2007, cd-rom, IATED, Valencia, ISBN:978-84-611-4517-1, 2007
2. Earp J., Ott M., Pozzi F., Tavella M., School inclusion inn the era of e-Learning 2.0: is myth becoming reality?”, Scottish Online Journal of e-Learning, 1, 1, 90-100, , 2007
3. Bocconi S., Dini S., Ferlino L., Martinoli C., Ott M., ICT Educational Tools and Visually Impaired Students: Different Answers to Different Accessibility Needs, LNCS Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4556 Volume 7, 2007
4. Dini S., Ferlino L., Gettani A., Martinoli C., Ott M., Educational software and low vision students: evaluating accessibility factors, Universal Access in the Information Society, 6,1, 15-29, Springer Berlin, 2007
5. Dettori G., Ott M., Looking beyond the performance of grave underachievers in mathematics, Intervention in School and Clinic, 41, 4, 201-208, 2006
6. Bottino R.M., Ott M., Mind Games, reasoning skills, and the primary school curriculum, Learning, Media and Technology, 31, 4, 359-375, Routledge, 2006
7. Bocconi S., Dini S., Ferlino L., Ott M., Accessibility of educational multimedia: in search of specific standards, International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning ? iJET, Vol. 3, 1-6/, 2006
8. Bocconi S., Dini S., Ferlino L., Ott M., Documenting the eAccessibility of educational software: supporting informed choices for a more inclusive classroom, Mendez-Vilas A. et al. (eds), Proc IV Int. Conf. on Multimedia and Information & Communication Technologies in Education (m-ICTE2006), Vol. 3, pp.2029-2033, FORMATEX, Badajoz, Spain, 2006
9. Dini S., Ferlino L., Martinoli C., Ott M., Low vision students: considerations about the accessibility of educational software., Stephanidis C, Universal access in HCI - Exploring new dimensions of diversity. Proc. 3rd Int.Conf. on Universale access in Human-Computer Interaction., L.Erlbaum Ass., Mahwah, N.J., 2005
10. Dettori G., Ott M., Considerations on Universal Access and Unversal design asa concerns Educational Software, Stephanidis C (ed), Proc. HCI Interantional 2003, pp.1093-1097, LEA, 2003