Next Generation Teaching, Education and Learning for Life
- 0 Opmerkingen
- 2201 Bezoeken
NEXT-TELL is an Integrated Project (IP) in the ICT challenge of the 7th framework programme of the EC; its main objective is to provide, through research and development, computational and methodological support to teachers and students
To bring about our vision of 21st Century classroom learning, NEXT-TELL will work towards these main objectives:
- Articulate a conceptual framework for designing and implementing methods that can be used to formatively assess ICT-enhanced learning and to negotiate the assessment process amongst stakeholders.
- Provide resources and ICT support for teachers and students to develop learning activities and appraisal methods appropriate for 21st Century learning based on this conceptual framework.
- Provide IT support in the classroom so that teachers and students have available nuanced information about students’ learning when it is needed and in a format that is supportive of decision making, thus optimizing levels of stimulation, challenge, and feedback.
- Provide IT support for making students’ activities in informal learning places – and in general in the “learning ecology” outside of school – part of ‘accountable work’, thus building on students’ interests, fostering their identity development and supporting their social networks.
- Foster in-service teachers’ professional development by providing new methods and tools for learning from students’ learning and for learning from peers’ teaching.
- Increase a school’s capacity for data-driven decision making by means of leadership development, including ICT support for the strategic planning of teachers’ professional development.
NEXT-TELL’s formost goal is to provide an innovation platform, used by teachers to continuously and collaboratively innovate ICT-enhanced formative classroom assessment. To achieve this, NEXT-TELL provides method and tool support on three levels:
- For the teacher (and for students) in the class, and for homework, to help with pedagogical decision making (feedback, instructional planning);
- For groups of teachers conducting inquiries into students’ learning with the aim to improve pedagogy and use of ICT in their teaching;
- For principals and head teachers to strategically align ICT with pedagogical goals of their school.