Collaborative Learning Platform Using Game-like Enhancements
- 0 Colaboratori implicaţi
- 13446 Vizite
COLLAGE aims at using existing experiences in the field of mobile learning applications in Europe, so that existing best practices are integrated in an innovative, really state-of-the-art mobile learning support and information application.
COLLAGE refers to "Collaborative Learning Platform Using Game-like Enhancements". It is funded by the European Commission under the eLearning Programme a programme for the effective integration of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in education and training systems in Europe (2004 - 2006). The COLLAGE project started on January 2006.
The project is setting the following specific objectives:
- To integrate existing best practices into the design and development of a pedagogical framework for the effective introduction of mobile learning technology into the teaching and learning processes of secondary schools.
- To adopt and integrate existing technologies into an innovative 'COLLAGE platform for mobile learning'.
- To implement and test the COLLAGE learning support and information service with secondary school students and their teachers.
- To pedagogically evaluate the COLLAGE service.
- To validate, at the European level, the best practices of mobile learning that will be identified, through presentation to extended audiences.
- To disseminate the project and its achievements to the widest possible interested audience, exploit the potential of project outcomes for further development and commercialisation, and establish the sustainability of the COLLAGE service beyond the EU-funding period.
- To manage and coordinate project activity effectively and efficiently.
In order to attain these goals, the COLLAGE Consortium includes 9 organisations from 6 countries.
The partners of the COLLAGE project aspire to
A really state-of-the-art pedagogical and technological approach to mobile learning for schools, based on Europe's previous knowledge and experiences in the field.
In short, the proposed COLLAGE project identifies existing applications of mobile learning for schools, builds on these examples to go a step further and develop an innovative state-of-the-art application enabling mobile learning in secondary school curricula, implements the innovative application in a small number of schools for almost an academic year to evaluate and improve it, validates the innovative application at the European level through workshops with large numbers of students and teachers, and makes coordinated efforts to disseminate and exploit the outcomes of the proposed project.
Requirements & specification: The COLLAGE project identifies existing applications of mobile learning for schools.
- Development: The COLLAGE partners build on these examples to go a step further and develop an innovative state-of-the-art application enabling mobile learning in secondary school curricula.
- Implementation / Integration: The COLLAGE project implements the innovative application in a small number of schools for almost an academic year.
- Evaluation: The COLLAGE project.
- Validation to evaluate and improve it in a small number of schools for almost an academic year to evaluate and improve it.