This Open Educational Resource is the main output of the project Planting Cities (Erasmus+, Key Action 2 – Capacity Building in the field of youth), a practical result of the project activities carried out by all the target groups involved in the project: organisations working in the field of youth, youth workers, youngsters, local communities from Italy, Slovenia, Nepal and India.
It allows to expand the learning environment and knowledge developed during the project, deepening its impact.
It‘s targeted at any young worker and organisation dealing with youth and eager to use urban gardening as an educational tool. Moreover it motivates to develop mobility activities, such as training courses and EVS in the non-formal education field.
In the OER you will get information regarding:
- Meaning and definition of urban and community gardening
- Types of urban gardens
- Actors and risks in community garden
- Social, individual and environmental outcomes
- Elements of gardening: materials, tools, methods, type of vegetables etc.
- How to involve the local community
- How to start a garden
- Examples and tips about training courses and workshops on youth and gardening
- Training courses and European Voluntary Services (EVS)
- Role and tips about the mentoring in EVS projects
Moreover, you will be able to share your experience and get to know practices from around the world.
Visit the project website for more information.
"The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein."